Are You a Coffee Addict?
- Do you consume more than two cups of coffee, tea or cola or chocolate in a day?
- Do you feel fatigued on and off during the day?
- Do you go through massive emotional mood swings during the day?
- Not really
- Do you suffer from frequent headaches?
- Not frequent, but sometimes
- Do you suffer from constipation or are you dependent on tea or coffee in the morning for clearing your bowels?
- Erm, no
- Do you suffer from acidity or heartburn?
- Do you feel a generalized pain in the neck, shoulders and back region and a sensation of discomfort in the legs, hands and stomach?
- Only stomach when I’ve been staying up too late and thats just because I’m hungry
- Do you suffer from a burning sensation, fatigue and heaviness in the eyes?
- The latter, yes – when I get tired
- If you are a woman do you suffer from premenstrual syndromes?
- You shouldn’t ask those kind of questions
- Do you have difficulty in going to sleep?
- Nope, I aim to wear myself out before I get there
- Do you wake up in the morning feeling dead tired?
- Sure do
- Are you easily irritable?
- Some may say so. Definitely not all the time
- Do you suffer from irregular or rapid heartbeats?
- On the rare occasion, but I believe thats a family thing and hardly ever
- Do you often feel dizzy?
- Interesting one. Because yes, like the time I keeled it at work, and standing up to fast often gets me is probably a blood pressure thing
- Do you have high blood pressure problems apart from anxiety problems?
- See above
- Do you have ulcers?
- Do you have problems concentrating without your regular cup of coffee?
- Do your hands tremor?
- Only when I am hypoglycemic which isn’t very often any more
- Do you feel dehydrated?
If you have answered five to six of the questions with an ‘yes’ caffeine is part of your daily system, reduction or removalof products laced with caffeine from your diet will improve yourhealth considerably.
If you have answered seven to eight of the questions in the affirmative, you are a caffeine addict, and need to reduce or eliminate caffeine from your diet. Before caffeine causes any nutritional imbalance or disorder try and be conscious about what you eat and drink.
If 10 to 12 – well, you’re stuffed
So, I need to work out how much is sleep deprivation, how much is caffeine induced… and run from there.
No I’m not a hypochondriac.