The past few days I have been in Canberra for a Wedding. It was replete with humorous moments and many more meetings of cousins and relatives. I had great fun! The wedding was very nice. Now I have returned and am going to answer a few questions.
A couple of reasons:
a) Questions seem to be the flavor of the week! They featured as a whole evening at Young Adults a few nights ago AND Two ~7 hour car trips provided ample time for conversation – I probably wound up asking Geoff (and vice versa) quite a few questions along the way even if some of them did just simply relate to what was for lunch. No really, we had a fantastic time and decided it was probably a good sign that we still weren’t sick of each other by the end of it. (*key Paul, siblings and certain others to gag here)
b) It’s an easy way to write a blog post. I want to write a blog post but I’m tired, so this is how you’re getting one.
Question 1: How many blog entries did your RSS feeder pick up by the time you got home?
Answer: 95 entries. Read many. Skimmed most. Skipped a few.
*NB. Gone two days.
Question 2: How many times did you get asked when ‘your wedding’ was going to happen?
Answer: Once that I can remember, but it was implied many more times in conversation. In fact there were quite a few of us there coping the, ‘So when’s the…?’ question. Poor Robsy (Mark’s girl) was freaking out a little I think.
Question 3: What’s happening with your car?
Answer: It got fixed while I was away. The RACV guy was wrong, it was the ignition switch. All up (+more towing) cost me ~$200. It is now working.
Question 4: What’s happening about a job?
Answer: I am getting a phone call from my old-old work on Tuesday. Here’s to hoping! I am also going to apply for the job I mentioned previously – graphic design work for a Church in the City.
And to finish of this post so I can head to bed, I picked these questions up off a blog I keep tabs on…
1. What’s the most fun work you’ve ever done, and why? (Two sentences max)
I had a great fun waitressing for a School Formal (The Really Formal Kind) two years ago now with my friends Jess W and Sam, it was hard work and we run off our feet. I just had a blast for some odd reason.
2. Name one thing you did in the past that you no longer do but wish you did? (One sentence max)
I used to play basketball daily with friends in the Solomons.
3. Name one thing you’ve always wanted to do but keep putting it off? (One sentence max)
Go on a short holiday by myself to spend some more focused time on looking at my life and praying about… well stuff – life, everything.
4. What two things would you most like to learn or be better at, and why? (Two sentences max)
I would love to learn to play guitar and to speak French (this also counts under the ‘be better at’. I can currently count to ten in French and Italian – this serves very little purpose).
5. If you could take a class/workshop/apprentice from anyone in the world living or dead, who would it, be and what would you hope to learn? (Two more sentences, max)
I would love to take a class from CS Lewis and hope to learn about how he spent his time thinking/listening/learning and talking to God and where the heck most of his ‘crazy-wonderful’ theological ideas came from. (That too cliched for you?)
6. What three words might your best friends or family use to describe you?
Honest (and they’re probably meaning in the blunt sense)
7. Now list two more words you wish they described you as…
8. What are your top three passions? (can be current or past, work, hobbies, or causes– three sentences max)
Writing and Words – blogging, reading, grammar natzi’ing…
Design and Photography – making things look ‘right’ = ban comic sans
Community and Relationships – despite my ‘sullen moments’, I actually like people quite a lot.
9. Write–and answer–one more question that YOU would ask someone (with answer in three sentences max)
Q: What is it you want to do most right now?
A: Stop thinking, stop writing this and go to bed.