So… I redeemed somewhat the potato sack that eventuated from the first run. It was at the start too big. And now looking at the pattern I’m not super happy with the choice. I wanted a more scooped neckline with back to match – more flattering. Speaking of which the belt bit is NOT flattering at all (yes this photo disguises a bit, looks passable here) it needs to be narrower and unfortunately this colour was the only contrasting colour I had – which I originally bought NOT for a belt at all but from some decorative thing at the front. AND… the bits around the sleeves that are kind of odd – well they are to disguise the actual sleeves that are TOO WIDE. I skipped the interfacing because I hadn’t bought any and the inside of the sleeves in the pattern was a mystery so I made it up – or followed as closely as I could.
So, it does all look a bit handmade, but it is wearable. Whether I will wear it is to be seen.
I did learn how to do buttons & buttonholes with my sewing machine and I did get back in the zone of how to read a pattern. And. It was fun.