Sufjan Stevens is coming to Melbourne.
And we are going to see him.
My ultimate Sufjan gig would include the following songs (regardless of whether they ‘go’ together)
- From the Mouth of Gabriel – All Delighted People
- John Wayne Gacy Jnr. – Come On Feel the Illinoise
- The Predatory Wasp of the Palisaides is out to get us! – Come On Feel the Illinoise
- Casimir Pulaski Day – Come On Feel the Illinoise
- Chicago – Come On Feel the Illinoise
- The Dress Looks Nice On You – Seven Swans
- To Be Alone With You – Seven Swans
- He Woke Me Up Again – Seven Swans
- The Transfiguration – Seven Swans
- A Good Man is Hard to Find – Seven Swans
- Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing – Songs for Christmas
- Sister Winter – Songs for Christmas
- Star of Wonder – Songs for Christmas
- Holy, Holy, Holy – Songs for Christmas
- Futile Devices – The Age of Adz
- No Man’s Land – The Avalanche
- Romulus – Greetings from Michigan
- For the Widows in Paradise, For the Fatherless in Ypsilanti – Greetings from Michigan
So… mostly all of Seven Swans (really) and although ‘A Sun Came’ is not bad at all and A Winner Needs A Wand is pretty decent it’s not the best of the best. I haven’t listened to The Age of Adz quite enough yet to fully make up my mind.
I really think that Sister Winter and He Woke Me Up Again come in on top of my list.
What’s on yours?