For my web class we’ve leapt off the diving board of html and css (the safe diving board) and into a rather daunting mess of Flash and ActionScript.
I can deal with Flash mostly, but action script = programming = bad tutorials (on the whole). Geoff knows php etc. which is remotely similar but not actionscript(2.0) – so my best source of help in the programing field doesn’t quite expand to meet the ‘help Bec’ criteria.
If you know of any simple clear tutorials on action scripting I would be extremely obliged if you could share.
I have to:
- Make a volume dial work with sound and user interaction (I have semi-worked this out without sound so far)
- Have a pull string to turn a lamp on and off – user interaction
- Have an image of a head flip directions depending on where the mouse is in the screen
- Have a fly move on a random path when the mouse rolls over/near it
- and a bonus (if I get that far) a set area of the screen for the user to ‘draw’ on some paper
Unfortunately it’s the whole ‘user interaction’ (Action Script driven) that is the bugger to do, but the most fun result and kind of necessary for me to fulfil the brief.
I promise to share when it is complete.