Mum got top 100 books (Vic Librarian choice) list.
interesting to see which of these I’ve read, will list ranking for interests sake.
1. The Lord of the Rings
2. Pride and Prejudice (ok not read, seen movie)
3. To Kill a Mockingbird
9. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
10. The Poisonwood Bible – Barbara Kingsolver everyone should read this, facinating
14. Tomorrow, When the War Began – John Marsden
15. Picnic at Hanging Rock – Joan Lindsay movie music creeps me out… plain wierd
17. 1984 – George Orwell
18. Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy
20. Jane Eyre – Charlotte Bronte facinating, eerie, read it
23. Year of Wonders – Geraldine Brooks only read about 1/4 got stuck
29. Anne of Green Gables
50. Sun on the Stubble – Colin Thiele
53. The Bible
56. Playing Beatie Bow – Ruth Park
75. The Wizard of Earthsea – Ursula Le Guin
78. Little House ont he Prairie – Laura Ingalls Wilder
92. The King of Torts – John Grisham
And that is it. Quite a few from that list.
Haven’t read novels and stuff in a long time it seems. All spaced out 3hour chunks while on the train. At the moment, being the books following Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy. Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
Essentially. My top would include (despite a few listed above, LOTR, Poisonwood Bible, Jane Eyre, Tomorrow When the War Began series)
Swords and Crowns and Rings – Ruth Park (anything by her)
Dreams of Love and Modest Glory – Joan Lingard
The Hobbit – JRR Tolkein
The Touch/The Thorn Birds/An Indecent Obsession… – Colleen McCullough
The Giver – Lois Lowry
Authentic Beauty – Leslie Ludy
31 Girl – Mary Simpson
When God Writes Your Love Story – Eric and Leslie Ludy
Enjoying God -… by someone, and I can’t find it anymore 🙁
I’m sure there are more, but I’ve had enough of thinking for now.
I need to read some more. I feel deprived.