It’s that time again.
The current ‘face’ theme has journeyed through the latter part of 2006 and it is time for it to go. I have (and continue) to quite like the header and colours, yet the theme itself has some issues in archiving and searching..
I am tempted to attempt to run with a three column WordPress theme as my sidebar really just is too long. A new header image is in order and you can vote on whether I should change the colour scheme. Header fonts will as always stay the same as they did in the jump from Blogger to WordPress so all familiarity is not lost.
I will not be starting from scratch so if you happen to know of any widgetised/killer not-outrageously hard customisable free templates a link would be fantastic! The theme will of course end up adapted to how I feel works best for the site. Feedback would be welcome and patience as a few things show up messily in the next week or so.
Please suggest away!
The ideal template to customise (ie: minimal work for me) looks like this:
- Simple font in basic colours (not too hard to change though)
- Header image that is in one piece and has the actual title within the image area or invisible
- Background colour/image in one piece not many
- Left floating sidebar (Some themes it’s easy to change this around but others prove nightmarish)
- Minimal link/logos
- No page/navigation at the top
- Somewhat wide border area on each side of the blog, it’s cleaner and easier to read