You may recall the rabbit, with whom I am slightly in love and would love to hang on the wall instead of prop up on top of a bookshelf but am confounded by living in rental. He comes from Etsy seller MademoiselleG. And speaking of which – Australia dwellers – now is a good time to buy overseas Etsy things.
I have a few endeavors floating around in my head – that involve making things:
- The first is to have a go at some more painting – something less abstract.
- To dry felt (which I have not done, but have seen done and it looks simple enough) a moe onto a grey felt laptop case – which I will also make. I’m not a huge fan of most dry felting (in how it looks) but this idea works in my head.
- To finally get hold of my dad’s electric sander so I can finish the pallet coffee table
- Learn how to knit better i.e. quickly and nicely enough to make something worth keeping
I really rather enjoy trying new things, making things, growing things, changing things. Would love, love, love to do a short illustration course, but not sure where to find one that lines up with what I want to do. All the uni short-courses are about traditional line drawing people and portraits and I just want to do the err, cutesy stuff.
- I also need to make becmatheson.com look more presentable and update the hell out of it
- Write more (of calibre and not just blog entries)
- A bookbinding course would also be fun, and useful!
Other exciting things happening to indulge myself are that Cat and I and who knows who else are starting a book club based on that plethora of Penguins. I am quite excited. Although not sure how I’ll go talking about books as my short term memory is appalling. Notes Rebecca. Notes.
Things I will probably never get into:
- Quilting/Patchwork (sorry ladies, I’m just not a fan – except of the very very traditional ones and then only rare cases, most of them look naff)
- Making my own clothes – I could be convinced, but I’d doubt I’d have the patience
- Cross-stitch – had my stint of this when I was younger, now it’s like pixelly pictures but WAY less cool.
Me! ohoh me!
book club….. i’m interested!
I’d love to help you with the knitting! I’m currently making some fingerless gloves, I am so in love with them even though the first one isn’t finished yet.
I’m maybe also interested in the book club…? I’ve got two of the $10 penguins, read one of them so far…